As we enter Stage 2 of the Governor Little’s “Idaho Rebounds” plan, we are very excited to see the reopening of most businesses in the state, provided that they meet the required social distancing and sanitation standards. We at Scott W. Grant, DMD Family and Cosmetic Dentistry have had these enhanced safety protocols in place for several weeks. In fact, for many of you now is a great time to come see Dr. Grant and your dental team here in Meridian. Here’s why:
1. Dental offices remain one of the safest and most sterile environments around. We always follow strict sterilization protocols (before, during, and after the pandemic) and we take all necessary precautions to protect you. We screen everyone for symptoms of illness and will reschedule appointments if anyone poses a risk. Our team thoroughly cleans all surfaces, rooms, washrooms, and equipment regularly – on a regular schedule. Plus, everyone is equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE). Your health and safety are our top priority.
2. Maintaining good oral health is imperative to your overall health. While you can do a great job of taking care of your smile by brushing and flossing, only a professional cleaning by your hygienist will remove tartar buildup above and below the gumline, lessening the risk of gum disease. We know – and studies prove it – that there is a clear connection between the health of your mouth and your overall general health. Regular professional cleanings are critical as gum disease is linked to some cancers, heart & stroke disease, osteoporosis, respiratory illnesses, pre-term births, Alzheimer’s, and more. Think of your dentist as a dental detective; there are certain things only a dentist can detect and treat – tooth decay, broken teeth, infection, and more. Your dental team is also your first line of defense when it comes to oral cancer. You may not realize it, but every time you are here for your recall appointment, we complete an oral cancer screening. When it’s detected early on, the outcome is greatly improved.
3. Flexible schedules may make now a convenient time. With so many people working from home and schools currently closed, now may be a great time to schedule for you and your family. And we will continue to offer extended hours for those whose schedule is less flexible.
4. No one treats more dental emergencies in the Treasure Valley: If you or someone you know experience a dental emergency, please call us right away. We are providing emergency care and will fit you in quickly to relive your pain and treat your injury. Emergencies that require immediate treatment include ongoing bleeding in the mouth, impact trauma (knocked-out or loose tooth/teeth), a tooth fracture, severe tooth pain, and infection.
5. We miss you and can’t wait to see you again. We are truly honored to be able to serve an amazing patient base, and our interactions with you are always the best part of our jobs. That having been said, we are firmly committed to the safety and comfort of our patients. If you are not quite ready to come see us, we will gladly reschedule your appointment until you feel comfortable.
If you had a scheduled appointment that was cancelled due to COVID-19, we’ll be in touch to reschedule it (if we haven’t already). If it’s been a while and you haven’t been in for care, please give us a call and we’ll make a future appointment. We intend to provide the highest quality of care possible to each and every patient.
Follow us on social media and watch our website for further updates! We look forward to helping you achieve your most healthy smile!