Let’s talk about sterilization for a minute. If the coronavirus has taught us anything, it is the importance of Mom’s age-old advice: “Wash your hands.” Except now I actually have learned how to do it correctly, as Mom intended. It’s never been more important to ensure that our hands, homes, workspaces, and, yes, even our children are being thoroughly disinfected on a regular basis.
At Grant Dental, your dentist in Meridian, we’ve always followed the most stringent sterilization methods to keep you, your family, and our team safe. We take this responsibility very seriously. We will continue to do all that – and more. These are some of the other things we’re doing – daily – to help you relax and feel comfortable when you come to our office.
1. Effective hand hygiene. All our team members wash their hands hourly with the proper thorough technique.
- If you are a new patient, kindly complete your intake forms online before you arrive for your appointment. Submit them online or print them and bring them with you.
- Please come to your appointment alone unless you require sedation. Please ask your driver to wait in the car. We will call them when you are ready for their assistance after your care is complete. Children must be accompanied by an adult, so this is one exception.
- Please use the supplied hand sanitizer when you enter the office.
- We will take your temperature and ask if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or signs. We will also ask if you’ve contracted COVID-19 in recent months or if you’ve been near anyone who has tested positive for the virus.
- Once you have been screened and checked in, we will ask you to wait in your vehicle until your appointment begins.
- A team member wearing full PPE will walk you to the operatory.
2. Routine sterilization. We clean and disinfect all environmental surfaces, such as radiograph equipment, light switches, floors, walls, and sinks. We also ensure there is adequate time between appointments to sanitize operatories thoroughly and methodically, without rushing.
3. We’ve installed medical grade air purification units throughout our practice.
4. We wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks, and eyewear.
5. Ill team members must take sick days. Anyone experiencing any symptoms of any contagious illness – even a simple cold – must rest and recover at home before returning to work.
6. Patients’ health is pre-screened over the phone. We will reschedule your dental appointment if you are exhibiting signs or symptoms of respiratory (or other contagious) illness. Symptoms may include cough, fever, and shortness of breath.
7. IMPORTANT new scheduling and check-in procedures. Thank you for your compliance!
8. We practice physical distancing. Whenever possible, team members stay at least six feet apart. We are doing our best to only have one or two patients in our waiting room at any given time and are asking that they sit with generous space in between them.
9. Check out procedures and payments will be collected while you are in your treatment room to minimize the number of people you interact with during your visit.
If you’re having second thoughts about returning to our office, we urge you to reconsider. You may have a significant oral health condition developing without knowing it. We can detect the problem – early. And the sooner your dentist in Meridian intervenes and provides treatment, the better outcome and the less time you’re likely to have to spend in the dental chair.
If you have any questions about our enhanced measures, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’ll answer them. We want you to be just as comfortable as we are about being in our practice. We thank you for your patience, cooperation, and continued support. Your trust in us means so much.